Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Lord of the Rings Family

So I know this is a little off, but I just thought someone would get a kick out of this. I have grown up always knowing about the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit through my Dad. He was very much into Dungeons and Dragons, which I'm not sure if anyone else here is. He was so into it that we had two cats named Bilbo and Baggins. I never knew what the significance was of these names until I read the books in middle school. Anyone else have any strange things like this?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to have a goldfish named My Precious.

And a hamster named Agamemnon, but that's another epic. :)

Anonymous said...

That is funny. Being a little older than most of you I used to play many role playing games. That all led to my mom burning almost all of my rule books in an effort to dissuade me from such evil pursuits. :)

I did have a cat named Watto (from Star Wars), but that is another story.

Jenni Davis said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My husband is a big fan of LOTR and so we had a dog named Frodo. As others stated about the other stories, we also had a dog named Tiberius (Star Trek reference).

Rocky said...

I once named my ex-girlfriend's dog Regis. That is a reference to another halfling character. He coinsidently also has a ring of power. Halflings love there precious rings. (The character is from Forgotten Realms, a series of books written by R.A. Salvatore.)