Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Reaping the Benefits of Roleplaying

From what we have read so far about hobbits, humans, elves and dwarfs (although we do not know too much about dwarfs), which race would you be?

I am curious because I think each race has unique characteristics that set them apart from each other, and since it would be hard to get to know all 7oish of you, this would be a fun way to associate a characteristic with a person and in the process, get to know everyone!

I would be an elf because I am rather clumsy, and with elf-grace, I would never embarrass myself! Also, I am a Sagittarius, and we are known for our arching ability, so I think this would be my natural choice.

Your turn!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

If I could choose, I would totally be a wizard. Gandalf is so wise and clever. And while it is no secret that his knowledge is vast and his power potent, he is still a very humble figure. I think this is why I admire him so much; not to mention his sweet beard.

But if I'm looking at this question from the perspective of resemblance, I'd have to say I'm a hobbit. I'm very short and I look young for my age. I enjoy stories of all kinds, and while I seek adventure, I still need the reassurance that a "Shire" is still out there waiting for me to come home.

amstrope said...

I think I would want to be a Hobbit. Who would not want to relax and party in the Shire everyday? But I think I am more like the Elves. Plus I would have to get out every once in a while and Hobbits don't really do that.

Ben "the destroyer" McDonald said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben "the destroyer" McDonald said...

Ummmm, so okay, I would totally be a dwarf. They, like, have hammers and wicked beards. Plus, I already have the build for a dwarf so it's a perfect match. The only drawback is that I'm not a gold digger (when I'm in need). I also have an an Uncle thrice removed named Gimili.

Editwright said...

Elf, of course! Immortality? Just think of how many books you could read if you lived forever! That's a lot of freakin' knowledge!

efowler said...

I would stay a human, but definitely be a Ranger like Aragorn. Nothing like spending the entire day with my horse, doing important things. If only...

Steve Backhus said...

I think that a role playing perspective is very good in approaching the books. I'd be interested to hear what systems are used? I always had a soft spot for HARN...